Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Title: Write about a time when you lost something expensive, but gained a valuable lesson in return.

The bright LCD display of my watch disappeared, as I walked toward my table; trying to find my beloved timepiece which my father had given to me. What did I do to deserve this?
I looked at all the nooks and crannies in the classroom and found nothing. It was a rather fruitless attempt as I walked around the class, scanning the floor for any sign of it. A piece of metal glinted at me as I neared Javier’s table, a watch! I pounced on the oblong shape I picked it up; it was Melvin’s watch. As I put it on his table, I realized that it could have been stolen. The class doors were not locked during recess! Who was that slimy low-down piece of junk going around stealing other people’s watches, I wondered as I slunk back into my chair. “Hey! Where’s my watch!?” I heard Yi Xun burst out, his face redder than a tomato as he stood up. “Stolen?” I heard Kelsey suggest as he looked in his bag for his watch, a very expensive Timex watch, which cost him half his savings to buy.
I remembered that I had left my watch on the table before recess, leaving it nicely on the table, a perfect spot for a thief to steal.
“Never mind,” I heard Megan say, “just be more careful next time,” Eric said in a wise tone of a sage, I then resolved to get a cheaper watch to replace the old one.
“Be more careful next time, we must be vigilant in order to prevent our things from being stolen,” Mrs Phua our teacher said. I reminded myself not to leave any of my watches like that again.

No comments: